Resources and support for Landcare in Lake Macquarie is provided through a partnership between Lake Macquarie City Council and the Lake Macquarie Landcare Volunteer Network (LMLVN) Inc.
The Landcare Support Team
Lake Macquarie City Council employs a range of staff to support Lake Macquarie Landcare, including:
- Landcare Coordinator and Landcare Projects Officer
- Finance and Administration Officer
- Landcare Network and Administration Support Officer
- Communications, Publications and Grants Officers
- Landcare Support Officers and Bush Regeneration Officers
- Vegetation Officer and Nursery Assistant
This team works out of the Landcare Resource Centre in Teralba NSW.
Landcare Resource Centre
The Landcare Resource Centre is the shopfront for Landcare in the Lake Macquarie area. It makes available a place for the broader community to access information regarding Landcare while providing resources for volunteers.
For the community the Lake Macquarie Landcare provides:
- Advice and assistance to form a Landcare group
- Resource library and website
- Field days and workshops
- Volunteering opportunities
For registered Landcare groups Lake Macquarie Landcare provides (upon approved resource request):
- Green Team, Landcare Support Officer and professional Bush Regeneration Team – for works on new, difficult, sensitive projects, and/or where the task is beyond the safe capacity of the group (e.g. spraying and brushcutting)
- Plants and mulch
- Tool loans – Spades, shovels, rakes, loppers, hand trowels, wheelbarrows, secateurs
- Office facilities – photocopying, flyer design, laminating
- Meeting facilities and BBQ
- Site visits and advice
Team Leader Training
To ensure that Landcare sites are safe workplaces and that Landcare works are appropriate, all Landcare groups must have at least one qualified Team Leader. Training sessions are promoted on our events page and training can also be done online. Bookings can be made on 4921 0392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMCC provides insurance cover for all registered Landcare groups undertaking approved activities on land that is owned and/or managed by Council. Groups working on land NOT owned or managed by Council can be covered by the LMLVN Inc. insurance.
LMCC provides funds management for approved Landcare projects funded by other Government grants. This structure represents a significant in-kind contribution to the project and greatly assists in the financial and project management of the grant. Visit Grants and Funding for information on how the Lake Macquarie Landcare can assist your group in obtaining grants for Landcare projects.
- Links – A source of links to websites and online resources relevant to Landcarers in Lake Macquarie
- Photo Gallery – Photos from recent Lake Macquarie Landcare events
- Site Information – Background information on the types of Landcare sites in Lake Macquarie
- Case Studies – of over 30 Landcare sites in Lake Macquarie
- Fact Sheets – Information on key topics for Landcarers
- Clothing – for sale through Lake Macquarie Landcare
- Tools for Schools – Resources for schools developed through the Landcare for Youth program