SATURDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2023 9:00am -2:30pm Facebook event link Let’s celebrate the opening of the Landcare and Sustainable Living Centre, umali barai-ku with
SATURDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2023 9:00am -2:30pm
Let’s celebrate the opening of the Landcare and Sustainable Living Centre, umali barai-ku with a family-friendly, community open day!
Join best-selling author and Gardening Australia presenter, Hannah Moloney, as we celebrate the launch of the city’s flagship environmental and sustainability centre.
The Centre will be the city’s new home of a variety of inspiring sustainable living programs, events and initiatives for the Lake Mac community, as well as one the largest Landcare volunteer networks in Australia.
Come along to explore this new Centre and join in the program of exciting activities:
– Community Crop Swap – swap and share you excess produce (9am-10am)
– Hannah Maloney presentation – The Good Life: How to Grow A Better World in the face of the climate emergency (10.30-11.30am)
– Hands on gardening activities for the whole family – planting, propagating, seed bomb making
– First Nations cultural weaving activity
– Connect with local community volunteer groups
– Embracing a Good Life in Lake Mac – Q &A panel sessions with Hannah Maloney and local sustainability leaders (1.30-2.30pm)
– Food – free gelato and pizza
– Entertainment – live acoustic music with Honey Duo, face painting, The Rover (mobile library)
– Electric Vehicle display
This build project was supported by the NSW Government through the Stronger Country Communities Fund.
(Saturday) 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Landcare & Sustainable Living Centre
80 Toronto Road