The Lake Macquarie Landcare Volunteer Network (LMLVN) is the volunteer arm of the partnership with Lake Macquarie City Council that works to support Landcare in Lake Macquarie. LMLVN is an Incorporated association with an Executive/Committee management structure.
LMLVN Committee Members
The 2023 Committee members are:
• Chairperson: Marion Lugg
• Deputy Chairperson: Lois Simpson
• Secretary: Wendy Davidson
• Treasurer: Bob Montgomery
• General Committee Members: Pam Montgomery, Ruth Hinds, Nancy Lott, Winsome Lambkin and Don Roach.
Public Officer: Garry Stewart
To contact LMLVN or Committee members phone Lake Macquarie Landcare on 4921 0392, email email@example.com or mail to PO Box 97 Toronto NSW 2283
The Committee meets for a few hours on the second Tuesday of each month from 1pm. If you are interested in helping to shape the future of Landcare in Lake Macquarie and can spare a few hours each month, come along to find out more! All Landcare volunteers are invited to attend these meetings. For more information contact Deb at Lake Macquarie Landcare on 4921 0392 (Mon-Wed).
Constitution, Code of Conduct and MOU
LMLVN abides by a Constitution which can be downloaded : LMLVN-Constitution-final-2017.pdf. Alternatively, you can ask for a hard copy from the Landcare Resource Centre. There is also a Code of Conduct Code-of-Conduct-for-web.pdf and Memorandum of Understanding with Lake Macquarie City Council: MOU-Lake-Macquarie-Landcare-Network-2011-Memorandum-of-Understanding-with-Lake-Macquarie-City-Council-Final-for-web.pdf
The Mission Statement of Lake Macquarie Landcare Volunteer Network Incorporated is to work towards the ecological restoration and sustainable management of the land and water resources, flora and fauna, in Lake Macquarie and to pass on a healthier natural environment to future generations.
The Network will achieve their Mission by undertaking the following objectives:
- Facilitate meetings with other Landcare and related organisations where the views and needs of Landcarers can be conveyed, through our elected Representatives, to the other Landcare Networks, Governments, Sponsors and other interested parties to promote and support Landcare in our region.
- Provide representation for the Landcare Groups in Lake Macquarie (with respect to policies, reforms and strategies for environmental and natural resource management and resources for Landcare projects) and endorse our representatives in other arenas.
- Encourage and facilitate effective coordination of projects and the distribution of resources, information and ideas across the city’s Landcare Groups
- Facilitate Landcare field days where the efforts and aspirations of Landcarers in Lake Macquarie can be showcased in a public forum open to all interested in Landcare and environmental action in the region.
- Enter into agreements with individuals or organisations that promote and further the development of Landcare Groups and Landcare activities in Lake Macquarie.
- Administer and manage the business activities of the Network.
- Establish and maintain a public fund to be called “Lake Macquarie Landcare Network Public Fund” for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objectives of Lake Macquarie Landcare Network Incorporated.
Donations can be made in person at the Landcare Resource Centre however our tax deductible status is no longer available.
Lake Macquarie Landcare Volunteer Network ABN 44 547 143 148